Thursday, December 29, 2005

No, not a hint of bitterness

So, Christmas in my part of East London was spent in reverence of the Greek god Dionysius. It was depraved, debauched, and the less said about it the better. The only festive photographs to escape my censorship clutches are on Flickr.

For New Year's Eve, well, I hope to spend it in front of a television (yet to be purchased) ignoring its very existence, hoping everyone is having a really rotten time, and avoiding stewing on the fact that it is my seventh wedding anniversary and I am now separated and 30 and losing my once-were dashing young chipmunk looks. Either that or I'll obliterate myself and go hit on hot 20-25 year olds to try to prove my worth (as a once-were dashing young chipmunk meets Mrs Robinson). Yes, 2005 was a total motherfucker of a year for me, and I look forward to waking up to 2006. Which, I assume, can only be better.

Happy new year!

9 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you're still wearing make up. I haven't touched my mascara in over 24 hours... a record over the last 10 years... and no foundation for over two weeks.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous shauna said...

you have not lost your looks! you are even more radiant and luscious than ever. i predict this will be The Year of the Momo. You rawk. New adventures ahoy... Happy New Year Miss Momolicious!!!

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger posthipchick said...

Happy New Year.

2006 will be great.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous nicole said...

You always look fabulous Momo, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Happy New Year, Momo.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

Hey ladies. Thanks, and happy new year to you, too. I ended up having an okay night in the end - hope yours was ace!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

I'm sorry to hear of your separation, Momo.I hope 2006 will be good to you.

(30 is too young to be Mrs. Robinson, I think... I'm 30 too, we're still young...right??)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kartar said...

Momo - been there, done that, got the t-shirt (as discussed) and it ain't all bad. Plus not only do you still have your looks but I am sure there are a score of men of all ages who want to ... um ... collect nuts for the winter with your chipmunk. *cough*

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 is the new 21...enjoy

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

Heeheehoo. Thanks, Kartar.

I'm afraid that 30 is only the new 21 to 30 year olds. I think people who are 21 would beg to differ. Not that I'd ever want to be 21 again, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home