Monday, December 05, 2005

Stranger danger

Well, the night started well. I was out and had a quiet couple of glasses of wine with friends over a curry, then went to meet R-baby at a bar in Soho where she was dj for part of the eve. I bought another drink, talked to some randoms about how lovely my hat was, THEN ever-so-wisely left my glass on the bar, wandered off for a while, had some more of my drink, danced a bit, started feeling very strange, danced some more, had yet some more of my drink, felt very very strange, lurched into the dj booth, sat down, passed out, and woke up three hours later to R playing 'Back In Black' before spontaneously vomitting into my own (formerly) lovely hat.

"Someone spiked my drink" sounds so fifties-Doris-Day-movie, but, unless I've developed an unlikely intolerence for a two-and-a-half glasses of red wine, I think that's what happened in this, my living 'How Will You Feel Tomorrow?'* ad.

End.

*Australian National Drug and Alcohol Offensive ads aimed at teenagers in the early 90s which my friends and I, entirely missing the point, used to laugh at, regularly hooting such utterances as:

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's what YOU looked like after you drank all that cooking sherry stashed in your childhood Mickey Mouse vacuum flask, pashed Blah Blah after leaping out of a tree (all the while aiming to land on his better-looking, more pash-enticing best friend), and then vomitted all over your shoes. HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!"

Post script: I came back to this one thinking it needed more excitement, or to be somehow punchier at least. But really, everything falls flat after you've spewed in your own hat.

8 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous nicole said...

stranger danger, indeed!!

(that title reminded me of the opening lines of Architecture in Helsinki's 'It'5')

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger posthipchick said...

ah, it could just be the thirties.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger maryyyy said...

saying 'I've been slipped a Mickey!" sounds so much better, eh?

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger M. Fred said...

OHMYGOD, you were drugged! This is the kind of thing that only happens on the American evening news programs.

Someone call Stone Phillips.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Steph said...

f*cking h*ll! I've heard that red wine can get to you after you turn 30.

I'm glad you weren't "left unattended"... someone might have stolen your puke bucket, er, hat.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

Thank you for all the 30 digs, people!!!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Nina said...

I wonder who would waste money to give drugs to random people? I anything, I'd buy them for myself

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Nina said...

That was supposed ro read "if anything". Sheesh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home