Monday, February 06, 2006

'Vignette' which is a fancy word for 'short sketch' (should a particular Islington bartender be reading)

Yeah, so me and Rae-baby were sauntering around Islington yesterday, and happened upon a pub that is hosting a trivia night later this week. Rae approached the barman drying mammoth pint glasses while watching the football on SkyTV.

Rae: Hello! I just wanted to ask about the Trivia Night on Thursday.

Old barman: Oh yes?

Rae: I've got some friends coming, and just want to know if we need to book a table ...

Old barman: So, this Trivia Night is on this Thursday, you say?

Rae: Yep, the poster is out the front.

Old barman: Well, I don't know about a Trivia Night, but we do have a Quiz Night on Thursdays. Is that what you're after?

[Slips on a banana peel, has a cream pie mashed in his face and gets wrenched off stage by a cane to the neck.]

End.

Bah. So it wasn't really all that funny, but perplexing, yes.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Lucy Tartan said...

Dear Momo, what a prat that bartender is.

I have a small favour to ask of you - just a question you may be able to help me with. But how can I contact you off-blog? my email is sillsbendATgmail.com - x x Laura

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Lucy Tartan said...

I emailed you but the message bounced, so I sent you a message on Flickr.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger SuperFiancee said...

Nice to see that even the mentally challenged can get a job.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Tony said...

It wasn't the Hen and Chicken was it? The staff were always doughy there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home