Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Still kickin'

Well, the most momentous thing to happen over the past month or so was me hopping on a long-haul flight to visit the huz. Well, the huz that was the maybe-former-huz but is now the huz again. In transit from frosty ol' Blighty to positively balmy Singapore, I pulled my best Day-to-Night Barbie stunt by wearing a reversible skirt (of which one side could be considered summery) peeling off the layers, and attempting to spritz up the moon tan by pinching my face in the loos, all once I snapped out of the Valium haze (drugs supplied by a workmate who was concerned I wouldn't sleep on the flight and might turn up cranky and have a major spaz-out at the airport, tapping the final nail in the coffin). After the joy of actually seeing T-bone, sans spaz-outs, more joy came when I saw his apartment which was positively palatial compared to ... well ... anything I've ever lived in before.

Of course after splitting up for seven months things were weird and wary, but, aside from that, it was good and happy and decisions were made that yes we want to make it work again. It didn't take me long to decide that I could and will live in Singapore for a bout before moving back to Australia early next year. And it wasn't just the swimming pool in the apartment complex. Next time I'll see him will be Italy in June.

Things are going to be unwieldy for a quite a while longer, as I possibly won't leave London until my contract's done in September, but it's good to know where I'm going.